Week 13: Chinnari's Baptism

Heylow!
Sorry for not writing to you all yesterday! We were in Vizag busy with Sister Botcha's things so couldn't send out emails.
But I'm here now so, hey!

Last week was another great week. Had new experiences and met wonderful new people, Vijayalakshmi being one of them. So she came in our English class last Friday and told us how much she wanted to meet with us and learn more about the church. She asked us to pray for her as she wasn't feeling well too. So we did and gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and a pamphlet of Joseph Smith's testimony. The next day when we went to meet her we were so surprised to see that she had actually read the pamphlet and remembered what she had read. She told us that she felt very happy while she was reading it and that she wanted to learn more. We invited her to church and she \came. She felt the spirit so strong in the sacrament meeting that when I looked over at her during sacrament I could see tears in her eyes. We are very excited to meet with her again and learn more about her and help her know the restored truths. 
Chinnari (Lakshmi Durga) was finally baptized last Sunday!! It took a while for her parents to give her the permission to be baptized but because of that, we had a chance to meet them. We have started the lessons with her parents as well and we are hoping that seeing her example her parents too will accept the gospel in their lives. 
Jhansi bore her testimony this Sunday and though I didn't really understand it, I was so happy to see her up there sharing with everyone how the gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed her life!!!
This week I came across a scripture that really struck me. I'd love to share it with you. 
Alma 5:26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?

I felt like this a beautiful scripture. "can ye feel it now?" There are so many times in our lives that we get so busy with everything happening in the world around us that we don't focus on if we are feeling the joy of having the gospel in our lives. I personally feel that it is so important to ask ourselves this question every now and then to know if we are perusing our life in the way that it brings us closer to Heavenly Father or if we are just going away and forgetting the song of joy and happiness that we sang when we felt His love for us. It was a good reminder for me as it also helped me know that I needed to focus more on feeling that I had shared the gospel rather than t\just getting things done. I hope it helps you in some way too :))

Since we were in Vizag this Monday we got to go see the beach and since it was almost like my first time at the beach, I was so EXCITED! Vizag is a beautiful city!! We had a fun p-day with the sister in Vizag and their zone. It was all so busy and unexpected but so much fun!

I am safe and I am happy
Truck loads of love,
Sister Massey

p.s.- Last week i couldn't attach any pictures so, i'll send them today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 29 & 30 : Aruku Valley and wonderful people

Week 28: Getting all my cousins

The Journey has begun .