MTC experience !!





We left the MTC finally! it was super sad because we all had made tons of friends and it was hard to say goodbye.we sure learned so much from each other! 
e reached Bangalore and had a great time with the mission president and his wife, President and Sister Mortensen. 
We all guessed where we will be going and sister chenna had her flight tickets to Chennai and my name was on there with her so I thought I'd be going to Chennai. but when President MOrtenmsen told me it was not that!
I am serving in ................. Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
And the crazy part is that my companion and I are the first sister missionaries in this area after about 20 years.
It is a beautiful place!! (i wish I could send you the picture but I am emailing from a local cafe and don't really trust the system here so don't wanna take any risk with my memory card.) There are beautiful and tall coconut trees everywhere! and its really calm! there's never a lot of traffic and i love that!
The church building is soooo big and beautiful!!!! They already have a stake here and I am serving in the and ward. A lot of people know me already because they served their missions in delhi or visited Delhi. But i don't really remember a lot of them cuz I was really young when they served. 
They call this place the missionary factory and I won't deny it! there are sooooooo many RMs here! love it!!! Right now the temperature is around 30-35 degrees celsius but everyone's warning me of the heat that's about to come. it goes up to 50 degrees celsius so if you have any advice on how to keep my body temperature cool please let me know1 NEED THAT.
The church is really strong here! My first Sunday here was really nice! they called me and my companion to sit on the podium so everyone could see us(it was kinda awkward but we managed :P) 
i don't know Telugu but i understand some words cuz they're similar to Hindi. I am trying my best to learn too. I tried sharing my testimony in Telugu which my companion helped me translate :P 
There were around 160 members present in the sacrament meeting this Sunday and they said that this its the usual attendance!! Isn't that so wonderful!?
Though i couldn't understand what they shared in the testimony meeting, i felt the spirit so strong i couldn't keep myself from crying and i bet since i as up at the podium, everyone would've had a nice laugh at me :" jk :P 
The members are super nice and helpful! They all have made us feel so welcomed and loved. Since we are first ones after 20 years they are super excited too! We are thrilled for this opportunity. This means we have really high expectations to reach and i am sure if the Lord has called us here at this time, there must be a reason. One of that i realised and experienced yesterday. We met sister Chandra in church. Her husband is a member but she practices Hinduism. We fixed an appointment with her after church and when we met her later in the evening her husband told us that he would always invite her to come with him but she never came but Saturday night she herself asked her husband if she could come with him!!!!! 
I feel that sister Chandra's heart was prepared by the saviour to accept us in her house and to listen to his words at this time!! It was a delight teaching her. We taught her the plan of salvation and because i can't speak Telugu i shared my thoughts and feelings and English and my companion translated it for her. She loves it and she seems interested too! We will be meeting her later tonight to learn more about her thoughts and feelings about what we shared with her. 
We also met sister kumari who is eager to get her sons back to the church so we are trying to catch hold of them :P they seem to run away whenever they hear that missionaries are coming over.
Members here treat us so nicely! we already had a lunch and a dinner appointment yesterday! the food is amazing!
We are the only ones wearing skirts and dresses here so its kinda weird :P 

About my companion
Its Sister Swarna. She was about to finish her mission in march but now that she is training me she'll go home in April. She is really funny! the first day i met her she wasn't smiling at all and i thought to myself,"man! you're gonna have a HARD TIME!" but on our flight from Chennai to here we talked and she is really funny! sometimes i feel like i am the senior companion xD We will start legit training from tomorrow cuz we were busy getting our apartment ready. 
rest all is great! 
we are trying to get familiar with areas.

That is all I guess.
I am doing great! I am blessed and so privileged to be here at this time. I think the Lord is gonna work miracles in this small town. '

Love you all
Sister Massey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 29 & 30 : Aruku Valley and wonderful people

The Journey has begun .

Week 28: Getting all my cousins