Week 12: Gave myself a birthday gift

Displaying IMG_1677.JPG



I AM 20!! 

Haha Hi!!
This last week was crazy! There was so much to do and so less time. 
On Tuesday our zone and the Vizag zone were together and we had a training with Elder and Sister Evans (of the Seventy). It was a wonderful conference, we learned so much from him, our mission president and other missionaries. One thing that I loved, that we talked about was being kind. Elder Evans talked a lot about President Monson and being kind is one of his counsels that he shared with us. As I was preparing for my talk this last Sunday I was thinking more about what really does being "kind" mean.I learned that it means being generous and, being generous means giving freely. And what can we share and give more freely than our testimony of this true church, of the fact that Jesus is the Christ and that the Book of Mormon is not just a book, it is the evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet who was guided by Jesus himself to restore the truth back on Earth. I know that as we all are a little more kind, we will be more generous in sharing the love God has for us. 
We finally set baptism date with Chinnari and we are so excited for her!   

I finished reading the Book of Mormon on my Birthday!! I was soo happy!!! 
I am so glad to be having this book in my life because I have personally been guided and strengthened so many times through the words it has in my life! I know for a certainty that it is true! I know that it can provide us all with the strength that is needed to face the many challenges we face in our lives each day. I love it because I know it is true. I'd love to encourage all of you to read it too because it has blessed my life immensely and I'd love to see those blessings in your lives too :)) 

We had a lot of traveling last week because of my companion's visa. We were in Vizag last week and then today, traveling right now, we are in Chennai. I traveling on my birthday :P 

I am safe, healthy and happy :)) 

p.s.- THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!

Love,
Sister Massey

(i will send pictures next week)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 29 & 30 : Aruku Valley and wonderful people

The Journey has begun .

Week 28: Getting all my cousins